Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
NEW YORK CITY 2020
This year marks the 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade is on Thursday, November 26th at 9 am. The Parade route will begin at 77th Street and Central Park West and ends on 34th Street on Macy’s Herald Square at 12 pm. Perhaps the best spot for families to set up camp along the route is on Central Park West, between 75th and 59th Street. This year's line-up will feature 16 giant character balloons, 40 novelty balloons, heritage balloons, balloonicles, balloonheads and trycaloons, 26 floats, 1,200 cheerleaders and dancers, more than 1,000 clowns, and 11 marching bands.
Thanks Giving Day Balloons:
Tips & Tricks
In order to find a good viewing spot along the parade route, arrive 2-3 hours early. Because the parade is a 3-hour event, feel free to bring chairs, drinks, packed snacks. Finally, be sure to dress warm: blankets, gloves, scarves, hats and umbrellas in case of rain!
Where to eat:
There are a variety of places to eat along the parade route. If you need sustenance after standing or sitting in the cold, wander into one of these warm restaurants and enjoy a delicious treat!
- Tony’s Di Napoli: on 43rd Street, between 6th and 7th avenues.
- Patsy's Pizzeria: on 61 W 74th St
- Astro: on 6th Avenue, between 55th and 56th streets.
- The Halal Guys: on W 53rd St and 6th Ave
- Dallas BBQ: 72nd Street location is close to Central Park West
- Shake Shack: on 1333 Broadway
- Levain Bakery: on 167 W 74th St
- Maison Kayser: on 1800 Broadway at 58th St
- Jams: on 1414 6th Ave
- Magnolia Bakery: on 200 Columbus Ave and 69th Street
Central Park: If you arrive the day before the parade, be sure to go to Central Park and watch the balloons being inflated.
Rockefeller Center: Nothing gets you in the Holiday mood like watching ice skaters on the Rockefeller rink or if you’re feeling adventurous renting a pair of skates and skating around the ice under the twinkling lights of the Holiday tree.
Radio City Music Hall: The Radio City Music Hall has tickets for the magnificent show Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes.
Broadway: Broadway always has many shows to watch. Some of the favorites for the Holiday season include: Phantom of the Opera, Chicago The Musical, Stomp, All-Star Comedy Stand Up, and The Music Man.
Empire State Building: If you are not scared of heights, seeing New York City from 102 stories up is an unforgettable experience! Stop on the 86th floor on your way up and enjoy 360-degree views of the city. Tickets for the 2nd-floor museum, 86th floor, and 102 floor are $52 children, $56 for senior citizens, and $58 for Adults. If you are looking for a cheaper option, be sure to check out the city pass deals and experience a variety of New York City’s attractions at a discounted price!
We Highly recommend : Go New York Card City Pass for NYC includes
- Admission to over 90 top attractions
- Empire State Building
- Top of the Rock Observatory
- Ferry Access to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Stature of Liberty and Ellis Island
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Guggenheim Museum
- Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Open alcoholic containers NOT PERMITTED in public places.
- Park responsibility to avoid parking tickets and having your car towed.
- Arrange a meeting place with your party in case you get separated in the large crowds.
- Plan to arrive 4 hours prior to the parade in order to get a good location along the route.
- Make restaurant reservations ahead of time as everywhere will be packed. Street vendors might also be an option for quick eats. If you are looking for more inexpensive options, pack your own snacks, sandwiches and water bottles. Don’t forget to include wet wipes or hand sanitizer!
FlyCheapAlways finds you savings on airline tickets and hotels around the world. We at flycheapalways compare fare from 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare flights. We are continuously working to find you the best travel deals and offers to enjoy more and save more on your trip.
Top events in New York City this week:
Popular Flight Searches:
Popular Hotel Searches:
Other Searches on FlyCheapAlways
Search Flights, Hotels, Car Rentals!
FlyCheapAlways is a fast growing online search engine for flights and hotels, finding the cheapest flights all over the world. We search over 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare tickets. Use our advanced search and filters to book the flights which best suit your needs. FlyCheapAlways is a free service and we only partner with agencies with the best reputations.