St. Patrick's Day 2020
Celebrate in Boston!
From shamrocks to leprechauns, pots of gold to shenanigans - what's not to love about St. Patrick’s Day? The Irish holiday is especially festive in Boston, Massachusetts where the first St. Patrick’s Day in the United States was celebrated in 1737. One of the largest populations of Irish descendants, 20% of Boston locals boast of their Irish routes. Whether you are of Irish descent or need an excuse to party, join Boston as they celebrate in style!
Here is a guide to the top 5 events as well as our recommendations for food, drinks, and lodging.
1. SOUTH BOSTON ST PATRICK’S DAY PARADE
The annual St. Patrick’s Day parade takes place in South Boston or as the locals refer to as “Southie”. Enjoy the parade of bagpipers, decorative floats, marching bands, dancers, Irish societies and more. The parade begins at 1 pm, however, plan to get here early to get a good viewing spot. The parade route begins at the Broadway T station (Red Line) and ends in Andrew Square. For more details checkout the map
Many of the roads will be blocked off and parking is very limited so plan on taking public transportation or walking to the parade route. To avoid claustrophobia, avoid viewing the parade along the Broadway T subway locations. These spots are always the most crowded along the four-mile parade route. Public drinking is prohibited in Boston. ( Instead, stock up on plenty of drinking water! ) Lastly, don't forget to wear green - “Erin Go Bragh!” (long live Ireland!)
2. DROPKICK MURPHYS CONCERT SERIES
Dropkick Murphys, a Celtic punk rock band, returns to their hometown. Boston, every year to celebrate St Patrick's day at the House of Blues. Join the enthusiastic crowd of fun-loving fans and sing along to the catchy tunes. This year they will be performing at 7 pm Thursday through Sunday
Book your tickets now at: TicketNetwork – Dropkick Murphys & The Interrupters
3. SAINT PADDY’S GREEN ELECTRIC YACHT PARTY
Join the biggest offshore party for Saint Patrick’s Day! The only requirements are to wear green and be 21 years of age or older. The Yacht party features 2 DJs, 4 Decks, and 2 floors of music. The party begins on Saturday, March 16th at 11 pm and ends at 2 am.
To purchase tickets click here: Brunch Cruise -> Viator.com Irish Brunch Cruise around Boston Harbor Boston || Night time Cruise -> Boston St. Patrick's Weekend Pier Pressure Green Electric Party Cruise
4. IRISH HERITAGE TRAIL
The Irish Heritage Trail showcases many of the Irish Americans who have greatly contributed to the rich history of Boston and beyond. Along the way, you can visit 16 monuments, statues, and buildings commemorating these prominent people. The 3-mile trail stretches from the Rose Kennedy Rose Garden to Fenway Park. A guided tour is also offered on March 17 and 18 at 1 pm. The tour starts at the Visitor Information Center on Boston Common. The tour costs: $15 for adults, $12 for students, seniors, military and free for children 12 and under with an adult.
For more information on the guided tours go to -> WALK BOSTON'S IRISH HERITAGE TRAIL
We highly recommened Viator.com Boston History & Highlights Small Group Walking Tour
Red Sox fans this one is for you -> Tour of Historic Fenway Park, America's Most Beloved Ballpark
5. ST. PATRICK’S DAY ROAD RACE
Start St Patrick Day 2020 with a cardio workout! The St. Patrick’s Day 5k Road Race kicks off at 11 am with a live concert by Rad Youth Rock - Pop Band at the Edgerley Family South Boston Boys and Girls Club. All proceeds from the race are donated to the Boys and Girls Club supporting at-risk youth in Boston. If you would rather sleep in on Sunday morning, show your support by lining the runner's route and cheering them on!
TOP IRISH PUBS
Irish pubs worldwide promise three staples; traditional Irish food, top-notch Guinness and live music. Whether you're there for the corned beef, shepherd's pie, fish and chips or Guinness, it's sure to be a memorable visit. On nights with a lively crowd, the band may invoke dancing that shakes the floorboards and tables! Experience the Irish pub scene during your stay in Boston. The following is a list of the best pubs in each neighborhood of Boston.
- Downtown: Ned Devine's Irish Pub is a great nightlife spot. The Black Rose is known for its great live music. Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern offers traditional Irish dishes on their menu.
- Fenway Park: Lansdowne Pub has karaoke, dancing and open mic nights.
- TD Garden: The Kinsale hosts live Irish bands. McGreevy's is a sports bar. J. J. Foley's is the oldest family-owned bar in the country. The Squealing Pig offers 100 different varieties of beer.
- South Boston (“Southie”): L Street Tavern was featured in the film Good Will Hunting.
- Cambridge: The Druid is known for its Irish seafood stew.
- Somerville: The Burren has fabulous brunch and lives traditional Irish music 7 days a week.
For hardcore partiers who are looking to have the grand tour of Irish pubs - pub crawls are an adventurous way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Here is a list of some of the best pub crawls Boston has to offer.
St Patrick's day Pub Crawl -> BOSTON (FENWAY) LEPRECON ALLEY ST PATRICK'S WEEKEND PUB CRAWL
Every day pub crawl with history -> Discover the best of Boston’s hops and history on a 2-hour pub crawl.
Explore boston with city cards:
- Open alcoholic containers NOT PERMITTED in public places.
- Park responsibility to avoid parking tickets and having your car towed.
- Arrange a meeting place with your party in case you get separated in the large crowds.
- Plan to arrive 4 hours prior to the parade in order to get a good location along the route.
- Make restaurant reservations ahead of time as everywhere will be packed. Street vendors might also be an option for quick eats. If you are looking for more inexpensive options, pack your own snacks, sandwiches and water bottles. Don’t forget to include wet wipes or hand sanitizer!
FlyCheapAlways finds you savings on airline tickets and hotels around the world. We at flycheapalways compare fare from 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare flights. We are continuously working to find you the best travel deals and offers to enjoy more and save more on your trip.
Popular Flight Searches:
Popular Hotel Searches:
Other Searches on FlyCheapAlways
Search Flights, Hotels, Car Rentals!
FlyCheapAlways is a fast growing online search engine for flights and hotels, finding the cheapest flights all over the world. We search over 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare tickets. Use our advanced search and filters to book the flights which best suit your needs. FlyCheapAlways is a free service and we only partner with agencies with the best reputations.