4th of July Boston Celebration in Boston!
Tuesday, July 4th 2023
In Boston, Massachusetts, people enjoy celebrating the Fourth of July with various festivities and activities, join Boston as they celebrate in style!
Here is a guide to the top 5 events as well as our recommendations for food, drinks, and lodging.
1. Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular
The Boston Pops July 4th Fireworks Spectacular is a popular event in Boston, Massachusetts, every year on Independence Day. The event features a Boston Pops Orchestra concert led by conductor Keith Lockhart, followed by a spectacular fireworks display over the Charles River.
The Charles River Esplanade hosts the event, a riverside park that makes an excellent location for watching the performance and fireworks. The occasion is considered one of the nation's biggest Independence Day celebrations, and hundreds of people frequently attend the event. The performance usually begins early in the evening and includes patriotic, contemporary, and classical music.
In addition to the concert and fireworks, the event also features a variety of food and drink vendors and activities for children. The event is free and open to the public; arriving early to secure a spot is recommended. The event is also broadcasted live on television and streaming services for those who can't attend.
The Boston Pops July 4th Fireworks Spectacular is a great way to celebrate Independence Day and enjoy a fun-filled evening with family and friends. The event is a beloved tradition and a must-see for visitors and locals alike.
Lineup coming soon!
2. Boston Harborfest
Boston Harborfest is a week-long celebration of American history and culture in several Boston neighborhoods. It offers a range of activities and events, including live music and historical reenactments.
3. Boston Tea Party Museum
The well-known Boston Tea Party Museum provides an engaging, interactive experience that brings the Boston Tea Party's history to life. Visitors can participate in a recreation of the incident, including dressed-up characters and real demonstrations.
Details coming soon!
4. USS Constitution Museum
The Charlestown Navy Yard is home to the USS Constitution Museum, which provides insight into the history of the US Navy. The USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship in the world, is open for tours, where guests may learn about the ship's and the navy's past.
5. Walking tour
A walking tour of Boston is a great way to explore and see some of its most iconic sights and landmarks. Places of interest include:
- Boston Harbor: This historic harbor is the site of many important events in American history, including the Boston Tea Party. You'll get to see the harbor and learn more about its significance.
- Custom House Tower: This historic building is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Boston. It was built in 1847 and was once used as a customs house. Today, it is a hotel with excellent city views from its observatory.
- Faneuil Hall: This historic building has served as a market and a meeting hall since 1742. It was an important site during the American Revolution and integral to Boston's history.
- Quincy Market: This historic market has been a part of Boston's history for over 200 years. It features a wide variety of shops and vendors selling everything from fresh produce to souvenirs.
- Massachusetts State House: This historic building is the seat of government in Massachusetts. Visitors may be able to see government in action and learn more about the history of the State House.
- Beacon Hill: This historic neighborhood is known for its well-preserved 19th-century architecture and brick sidewalks. Visitors can see the famous "gas lamp" streets and historic homes.
- Freedom Trail: This 2.5-mile trail marks 16 historical sites that are significant to the American Revolution. Visitors can learn more about the history of the Revolution and see some of Boston's most historic sites.
- Boston Public Garden: This lovely park is the first public botanical garden in America, offering a peaceful and relaxing spot to rest your legs and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Checkout this awesome self guided maps for Boston city.
We highly recommened Viator.com Boston History & Highlights Small Group Walking Tour
Red Sox fans this one is for you -> Tour of Historic Fenway Park, America's Most Beloved Ballpark
TOP IRISH PUBS
Irish pubs worldwide promise three staples; traditional Irish food, top-notch Guinness and live music. Whether you're there for the corned beef, shepherd's pie, fish and chips or Guinness, it's sure to be a memorable visit. On nights with a lively crowd, the band may invoke dancing that shakes the floorboards and tables! Experience the Irish pub scene during your stay in Boston. The following is a list of the best pubs in each neighborhood of Boston.
- Downtown: Ned Devine's Irish Pub is a great nightlife spot. The Black Rose is known for its great live music. Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern offers traditional Irish dishes on their menu.
- Fenway Park: Lansdowne Pub has karaoke, dancing and open mic nights.
- TD Garden: The Kinsale hosts live Irish bands. McGreevy's is a sports bar. J. J. Foley's is the oldest family-owned bar in the country. The Squealing Pig offers 100 different varieties of beer.
- South Boston (“Southie”): L Street Tavern was featured in the film Good Will Hunting.
- Cambridge: The Druid is known for its Irish seafood stew.
- Somerville: The Burren has fabulous brunch and lives traditional Irish music 7 days a week.
For hardcore partiers who are looking to have the grand tour of Irish pubs - pub crawls are an adventurous way to explore city. Here is a list of some of the best pub crawls Boston has to offer.
Every day pub crawl with history -> Discover the best of Boston’s hops and history on a 2-hour pub crawl.
Explore boston with city cards:
- Open alcoholic containers NOT PERMITTED in public places.
- Park responsibility to avoid parking tickets and having your car towed.
- Arrange a meeting place with your party in case you get separated in the large crowds.
- Plan to arrive 4 hours prior to the concert in order to get a good location along the route.
- Make restaurant reservations ahead of time as everywhere will be packed. Street vendors might also be an option for quick eats. If you are looking for more inexpensive options, pack your own snacks, sandwiches and water bottles. Don’t forget to include wet wipes or hand sanitizer!
FlyCheapAlways finds you savings on airline tickets and hotels around the world. We at flycheapalways compare fare from 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare flights. We are continuously working to find you the best travel deals and offers to enjoy more and save more on your trip.
Popular Flight Searches:
Popular Hotel Searches:
Other Searches on FlyCheapAlways
Search Flights, Hotels, Car Rentals!
FlyCheapAlways is a fast growing online search engine for flights and hotels, finding the cheapest flights all over the world. We search over 700 airlines and 200 travel agencies to find you the best low fare tickets. Use our advanced search and filters to book the flights which best suit your needs. FlyCheapAlways is a free service and we only partner with agencies with the best reputations.